Thursday, June 18, 2015

All I want is ice cream!!

June 16, 2015
            Our international student family is getting bigger, today we welcomed a new student from Indonesia. Now we have five people sitting at our dining table which has made things much more exciting. Today work was slow, we didn’t see as many patients but Dr. Jeremiah and I had great conversation. We talked a lot about the difference between Medical School in India and the U.S. It is incredible that Indian students apply for medical school at the age of 18 and once accepted, are in medical school for five and half years. Whereas in the U.S., we apply for medical school at the age of 22 after 4 years of undergrad. They find the idea of doing undergraduate prior to medical school confusing here in India. I have developed a nasty craving for sugar in India, and all I want now, is every sweet available to mankind. Emily and Sarah find it hilarious that I occasionally start talking about all the sweet things I want to eat, but all I really want is some ice cream. Maybe tomorrow my wish will come true.


Day 17 in Trichy and I need sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment