Friday, June 12, 2015

Marriage Counselor

June 11, 2015

            Last night I slept very well, maybe my body is finally adjusting to the time change. Today at Rathna was eventful. Dr. Jeremiah had many patients come in for pregnancy check-ups, and others for hormone imbalance. The saddest moment was when a mother came in requesting help for her daughter. Her daughter had been in a marriage for less than a year and had been unable to conceive. As a result, the mother-in-law and the husband had become extremely unkind to the daughter. This prompted the mother to come in to ask Dr. Jeremiah if she would act as a marriage counselor for the couple. It was a sad sight to see the mother crying over her daughter’s sad situation. It’s amazing to see how much trust and respect Dr. Jeremiah’s patients have for her. Dr. Jeremiah and Dr. Victoria have taught me a lot these last couple days. The most important lesson, is the ability to communicate well with your patients in order to create good relationships. I know that is something I currently lack, and I will work hard to develop these skills in order to grow as a person.


Day 12 in Trichy and I'm feeling inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment