Thursday, June 18, 2015

Disappointment comes in many forms

June 15, 2015
            We only have two weeks left of our amazing adventure. I have a feeling they will go by fast. Since I don’t have the ability to slow down time, so I will have to savor my time here in Trichy. We arrived back at Bishop Heber from Pondicherry at 3:30am, so I was very tired going into work, but work was fun as always. Dr. Jeremiah has become my hero and getting to spend time with your hero is every kids’ dream. So I guess I’m living the dream. Per usual, most the patients that came in to the clinic, were pregnant women having their monthly checkup and infertile women trying to become pregnant. Once in a while, we had patients that didn’t have problems dealing with pregnancy. A woman, her husband, and her eldest daughter came in today, the mother had a tumor growing on her brain and was experiencing multiple seizures. They have gone to multiple doctors but received the same answer, it would be too dangerous to operate because the operation could leave the mother paralyzed. Becoming desperate, they came to Dr. Jeremiah because she has been their family Ob/Gyn for two generation and they trust her. She advised them that the best solution currently, was to wait it out and see if the growth becomes cancerous, if it does, they would operate. It was awkward to watch the family cry, so I kept my head down the entire time, hoping to make myself invisible. Not quite sure if it worked…
            I treated myself to two scoops of ice-cream tonight, I thought it was well deserved after making it back safe from our crazy adventure in Pondicherry. It might just be my sweet tooth craving tons of sugar. India has given me a crazy sweet tooth and I’m not sure if my weight will ever be the same after this trip. A worker at the ice cream shop was very disappointed to see that I was only wearing one ankle bracelet, instead of one on each leg. She couldn’t understand why I chose to only wear one. I must have looked unstylish in her eyes. If I ever had a list of people I’ve majorly disappointed, this woman would be on the top of that list.

Day 16 in Trichy and I must buy another ankle bracelet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment