Monday, June 22, 2015

Eat, Sleep, and Shop

June 20, 2015 and June 21, 2015

            This Saturday we decided to stay in Trichy for the weekend, partially because we were running out of money and partially because we were still exhausted from last weekend’s travels to Pondicherry. My body still hasn’t adjusted to the time difference, so I enjoyed staying up until 6am and then sleeping until lunch. I wonder if once I get back to NC, my body will finally decide to adjust to Trichy time, leaving me stuck in the same situation. I don’t know if I would laugh or cry, maybe both. We spent Saturday afternoon shopping in the street market, even though it was hot, and the market was crowded with hundreds of people, I was happy to be living in that moment. I don’t know if it was the thrill of blowing my money on inexpensive knick-knacks, or the pollution fumes making me delusional, but I enjoyed myself on those streets. I wonder if I could organize a market for the school, in which different clubs could have the opportunity to sell their handmade goods along Stanford Mall. It would be during homecoming week, in order to reach to the parents who come for the football game. Definitely an idea I should suggest to the homecoming committee.
                I would think by now that I would be used to the employees following us around every time we shop, but I’m not. It’s very uncomfortable to shop with a constant presence next to you, trying to get you to buy every item possible. I am an indecisive shopper. I don’t go into a store knowing what I want, I just hope to stumble upon something cool. It is very hard to make a decision when you don’t know what you want, and there is somebody breathing down your neck. For this reason, I have been led to make many hasty decisions that have resulted in my acquisition of multiple odd knick-knacks. I don’t regret any of my purchases though, because now every gift I’ve bought has a funny story to tell each receiver. One of the girls I met at a store, gave me a free henna book, and that pretty much made my day. I was proud of my achievements today. I found the skirts the girls from last year bought. I bought gifts for all of my friends and family, and even bought backup gifts for people that I forgot. Overall it was good. Sunday came around fast, and I spent all of Sunday sleeping and occasionally getting up to be feed rice and nom. It was much need resting day.

    Day 21 and 22 in Trichy and I’m feeling accomplished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment