Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Sweet tooth is in Heaven

June 3, 2015

Mango ice cream from our new favorite ice cream shop
            My body is still adjusting to the time difference. It’s awful. I’m always feeling tired and I’m always sleepy around 3pm but I’m always wide awake around 4am. It’s making it difficult for me to enjoy my stay in Trichy and I hope that my body will soon adjust. The other girls find it hilarious that I’m always asleep and I can fall asleep anywhere. However, I’m thankful that I’m going through this experience with them. Emily and Sarah are always waking me up for breakfast and dinner, if they didn’t I would probably sleep through all the meals. I’m surprise we haven’t gotten sick of each other because we spend all our free time together. We have found the location of the ice cream shop and it has become our new hangout place. The ice cream there is amazing and it has become my personal goal to try all the flavors. Sarah and I took a stroll around town and found around 6 different bakery shop on the same road. It was amazing, there were so many yummy looking pastries. I ended up buying a slice of the caramel cake for 15 rupees which is like 20 cents. I might gain 15lb before I leave India or a cavity…    
Caramel cake.
            I got to spend a lot of time with the staff today at Janet Nursing Home. They invited me to their break room (which is essentially the area behind the reception desk) for lunch. It was hard to communicate with them because I don’t speak Tamil, but they tried their best to make me feel welcome. Mona, who has become my new best friend, is always interested in seeing pictures on my phone. Like usually everyone is still very amazed by my hair, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I am the first African American female most of them have ever met. I want to improve my Tamil so I can communicate with them better, they are trying their best to talk to me in English, and so I should try my best to learn little bit of Tamil.
Day four in Trichy and I might already have a cavity.

No comments:

Post a Comment